Looking for a Kronos Functional Consultant to play a key role designing and implementing applications used in the Time & Attendance processes with specific expertise in time collection and payroll. Consultant will be responsible for leading the design, configuration and support of applications within the Kronos application suite. Core activities will include gathering and defining requirements, configuration of standard applications, gap analysis and design, application testing and end user support for multiple applications in multiple geographies.
- Interact with business customers to understand and document their business processes and requirements.
- Perform gap analysis to determine our Kronos suite’s system configuration and development changes.
- Create business requirements documents, system configuration documents, detailed functional design documents, test plans and test cases, user training documents and implementation documentation as necessary.
- Work with development team to design and implement system modifications.
- Work with business customers, developers and Kronos Support to research, document and resolve Oracle system issues.
- Create SQL queries against Oracle tables to troubleshoot, develop metrics, and create ad-hoc reporting as needed.
- Proactive – display energy and initiative in solving problems. Follow all possible avenues to get the job done.
- Adaptable – undertake a variety of tasks willingly. Ability to switch from complex to routine tasks when required. Adapt quickly to new technologies and products. Work effectively with a
- variety of personalities and work styles.
- Quality – demonstrate appropriate quality and thoroughness in your work.
- Decisive – ability to make decisions quickly when faced with multiple options. Ability to influence others in decided course of action.
- Integrity – act with personal integrity at all times.
- Professional – work within your team’s processes. Confront problems, propose solutions and take ownership through to resolution or ensure a clear hand-off. Have a positive can-do approach to work.
- A minimum of six years experience working with Time and Attendance or Payroll systems with at least two years of new implementation experience.
- A strong functional knowledge of Kronos application suite in a multi-organization and multi-set of books environment.
- Strong technical knowledge of the underlying tables, integration points and technology processes are critical to success in this role.
- The HR Systems team is a fast paced, dynamic environment. A strong desire to work in such an environment is an important key to success.
- Ability to work independently with limited general supervision.
- Experience prioritizing competing demands, scoping large efforts and negotiating timelines are necessary skills.
- Experience in engaging Kronos Support to research and resolve issues.
- Experience with low-level ad-hoc query tools (Toad, SQLPlus) and a detailed working knowledge SQL queries.
- Experience with integration and parallel test phases
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively organize and communicate across functional and technical lines are critical.
- Root cause analysis and complex problem solving skills are important.
- Must have very strong analytical skills with the ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications with an emphasis toward highly available and scalable global solutions.
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse set of business customers and drive consensus when conflicting requirements are identified.