Looking for a Senior MicroStrategy Architect, the successful consultant will be designing and engineering software applications for business critical solutions. On the project, you will be working on designing, implementing and maintaining a MicroStrategy-based BI solution along with a group of dynamic, forward-thinking individuals in a fast-paced, delivery-oriented environment.
Implement MicroStrategy 9 solutions with emphasis on data profiling, metadata modeling, interactive and dynamic dashboards development, and leveraging all visualization options. Install/upgrade MicroStrategy product suite software components and administer/maintain the environment. Utilize MicroStrategy development tools including Architect, Desktop, Web, Mobile, Object Manager, Enterprise Manager and Command Manager. Troubleshoot MicroStrategy system and development issues, performance tuning and optimization.
- Works with project team to develop MicroStrategy reports
- Expertise in architecting MicroStrategy metadata and schema objects is desired
- Performs unit testing of the reports developed
- Assists in functional and system testing of integrated reporting applications, Dashboards, KPIs
- Promotes and ensures appropriate use of the MicroStrategy tool
- Develops and delivers MicroStrategy presentations and other project specific training material
- Assists in testing and validation of the MicroStrategy environment
- Ability to build and debug/maintain complicated SQL queries is desired
- Works with the team to ensure successful promotion of objects in various environments
- Develops documentation to support the development life-cycle of the reporting project
- Analyzing, designing, and developing the MicroStrategy reporting application.
- Building the MSTR objects (metrics, facts, attributes, filters, custom groups, etc.)
- Creating complex MicroStrategy dashboards along with Mobile MSTR application development
- Creating highly formatted MSTR reports, documents, and dashboards using Report Services
- Writing Design Documents in compliance with the project delivery methodology
- Understanding requirements and preparing technical specifications
- Performing technical analysis, creating designs, and identifying impacts (functional/technical)
- Working closely with ETL developers and other leads during development and support of this BI application
- MicroStrategy certified
- BS in Computer Science, IT or Business
- 3-5 Years of Software Development Experience preferably data warehouse focused
- 5+ Years of Experience working with MicroStrategy. Experience with Report Services essential.
- Should have worked on MicroStrategy version 9.2 or higher.
- Familiarity with MicroStrategy 9.4.1 version
- 2+ Years of Dashboard design and development experience
- Good understanding of relational structures, dimensional data modeling, Structured Query Language (SQL) skills, Data Warehouse and reporting techniques.
- Hands-on experience with project setup, schema creation and development of queries, documents and dashboards design and creation.
- Experience in all phases of the SDLC including requirements gathering, business analysis, configuration management, and quality control.
- Experience with SQL Server 2008 through SQL Server 2012
- Knowledge of BI best practices and a proven track record of delivering solutions
- Experience following structured software development methodologies – Agile preferred
- Ability to collaborate with other team members to accomplish goals
- Strong analytical problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Cendien is committed to the policies and principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO). Employment decisions and practices, including but not limited to recruitment, selection, job assignment, transfer, promotion, discipline, training, education tuition, compensation and benefits, will be made without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, citizenship, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, disability and/or US Veteran status, in accordance with applicable Federal, State, and Local laws.
Cendien is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Supporting Veteran-Hiring Initiatives.
(214) 245-4580 office