Job Title : Senior Network Architect
Location : Carrollton, TX
Minimum 10 yrs or More experience Required.
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades
- Design and deploy networks based on business and technical requirements.
- Contribute towards the advancement of the overall network architecture.
- Partner with Cloud team members to ensure projects are timely and are of high quality.
- Take a lead role in the engagement and mitigation of outage causing events or issues.
- Perform critical investigations into functionality that are not working as desired.
- Ability to engage and effectively communicate with multiple parties during an incident.
- Review, consult and prepare for planned change introduction to production environment.
- Partner with teams to plan and execute software upgrades and device maintenance.
- Quickly integrate into the environment and become able to take on incident tickets.
- Take on deployment projects and deliver them in a timely manner.
- Contribute towards continual improvement of our global network architecture.
- Partner with customers to solve issues or perceived issues with the network.
- Develop and provide network topology diagrams and configuration standards.
- Participation in on-call rotation.
- Install, configure, and manage various network devices and services.
- Perform firewall administration (Fortinet and Cisco ASA), Site-to-Site VPN.
- Provide analysis, problem management, incident escalation, and standards compliance.
- Analyze and troubleshoot a highly complex routing, switching and access network in a large multi-protocol environment.
- Provide data to management to facilitate capacity planning, upgrades and expansion.
- Ensure uptime and trouble-free operation of critical network services that are used by the development and test community.
- Liaise with other IT Personnel for problem resolution
- Create and maintain network documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical related field.
- At least 4 years of general to advanced Network implementation and support experience.
- At least 4 years of proven Network Architect Design and Project deployment experience.
- Must have extensive Cisco networking experience
- Must have experience integrating networks
- Experience designing, deploying, and maintaining highly resilient and scalable distributed LAN and WAN network architecture.
- Must have a solid understanding of, and have experience with, most of the following network technologies: 802.1q, HSRP, OSPF, BGP, NAT, ACLs, IPSEC, and SNMP.
- Deep, hands-on experience with TCP/IP and routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP and OSPF).
- Must be proficient with management and monitoring platforms such as Cisco Prime/DNA, SolarWinds, and Cisco StealthWatch.
- Must have the following certifications: CCDP and CCDA.
- Possess good Communication and Organizational skills
- Should be able to read and follow complicated instructions in the manual
- Must be a team players but also able to work independently
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs
- Full CCIE certification is a plus.
- Experience with a multi-tenant cloud environment.
- Knowledge of MPLS, LDP, VRFs and Cisco ACI.
- Demonstrable knowledge of network analysis tools to debug connection oriented and connectionless protocols and traffic flows
- Solid understanding of multicast streaming media delivery
- Solid understanding of traffic shaping, policing, and general QoS technologies
- Ability to work well independently with minimal direct supervision
- Hand-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostics and network analytics tools(FortiAnalyzer, Solarwinds ARISTA CVP/Telemetry, and Logic Monitor)
- Knowledge of cabling needs for LAN/WAN speed communications (Fiber optics, TwinAx, and copper cables)
Job Types: Full-time, Contract